ONE COMMON SIDE EFFECT WE'VE FOUND THROUGH EXPERIENCE IS THE DESIRE FOR ONE TO SPEND MORE TIME CHOPPING AND CRAFTING FOOD INTO DELICIOUS HANDMADE MEALS.
This is a serious fun course for all ages. It's a 2-DAY workshop totaling about 8-hours in the shop.
TOOLS & SKILLS APPLIED :
• sanding - by hand, wide belt, edge sander, and random orbital (RO sander)
• adhesives - epoxies & water based.
• material knowledge - what are some wood essentials?
• table saw - we will do this part for you and you'll get to witness the process.
• design - there is some (material confined) freedom how the final product will look. FUN!
• drills and screwdrivers
• finishing & maintenance - food safe oil application, and proper care for raw wood.
Each workshop is unique in regards to species utilized for the final product. Due to the nature of our area and aesthetic the majority of lumber will be derived from Walnut. Cherry, Maple, and Sycamore has been known to emerge as a part of the product. IF you desire to produce a specific product please contact us through the 'Workshop Inquiry' at the bottom of our SIGN-UP page.
What should you bring?! Please refer to our details page for Protection wear and other workshop details.
For this specific workshop see our SUPPLY LIST page in the drop down menu. We generally do a pretty great job of reminding folks to refer to this link a few days before the workshop starts. If you're a last minute sort of character, there are some local big box stores that carry the supplies necessary.