You are either awesome and love fishing or are awesome and are really excited about making a non-fuctioning tennis racket. Either way, this is one of our faves (which has nothing to do with Chris's love for fishing... eh, well kinda). This workshop will land you some major fun skills and hopefully after the workshop you'll have the chance to land a fish in your sweet new handmade net.
Check out some skills & tools you will get to utilize during the workshop :
• Sanding - oscilating sander, hand sanding (lots of hand sanding), shaper
• Steam bending - this is a huge shop made tool that is clever and can be reproduced just about anywhere.
• Table saw - you won't have hands on time with this, but you will get the instruction details about the process and need for this specific project.
• Router table - an essential part about producing a long lasting landing net.
• Drill press
• Finishing - learn some basics and why we use what we use.
• Material knowledge - get some key basics about how wood works and how it works best.
You do NOT have to be a super skilled craftsperson to take this workshop. However, we recommend each participant to be above the age of 15 (unless, accompanied by an adult). Please head over to the workshop DETAILS page in the pull down menu. Here you will find details about personal protection. This is a 12 hours course broken down into 3 days.
What you need to bring?
The SUPPLY LIST page in the pull down menu will give you a few links of where you can purchase your net and other tools you feel you might need. We supply the lumber, adhesives, ear, eye, lung, and hand protection. Wood species will vary from class to class. Due to the nature of our surrounding hardwoods and love for exotics as well we have used a large variety in the past : Maple, Purple heart, Mahogany, Jatoba, Cherry, Lacewood, and Ash are just a few that we have used in the past. If you are looking for a specific size and style outside of what we produce in our workshop, please head to the bottom of the SIGN_UP page and send in an 'WORKSHOP inquiry'. We would love to work with you!